Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dear Diary, Peruvian girls are cute.


So I tend to prefer short, dark haired women with nice butts. Guess what Latin American girls look like? A pic from last night.


Managed to get a taxi out of Huacachina, buy a bus ticket to Arequipa, get some dollars changed, and eat lunch, all without falling over or anything. I´ve moved from hungover to exhausted. I´m gonna sleep like a rock on the bus ride.

Yesterday started as a very chill day that quickly became a little wild. I woke up and stared at the dunes that towered over the town for a good 20 minutes or so. After gawking for a while I meandered down the steps from my room with a banana, a bag of nuts, oranges, and some water for breakfast. I ate in the court yard and wandered around the little lagoon that the town was built around.

I had a glass of pisco pura at lunch and chatted with a Dutch woman who could speak 5 languages, Dutch, German, French, Italien, and English. Ironically, her spanish was about as bad as mine. She wandered off to go climb dunes while I finished my lunch and got rather buzzed with my glass of pisco. They say to never drink and drive but I don´t think they include paddle boats when they say that, so I rented a little craft to tool around the lake and sober up.

I headed back to the Hostel and signed up for sandboarding and a dune buggy ride and eventually took a little nap in my room. I lead a hard life I know.

At this point, things changed quickly. My relaxing day went away. Really can´t say enough about the whole sandboarding experience. The dune buggy was the best part. It was a real life roller coaster ride and the driver was a little crazy. I could tell he enjoyed making us scream as he tore up the dunes and dropped down the other side.

Boarding was fun too. Most of the time we laid down on the board and rode it down like a sled, but we all tried to stand on it too, with varying levels of success. I had a couple decent moments trying to stand on the board, but I think I´ll stick to skis. I was completely covered with sand by the end of the day and I even lost my room key. Oops. Got a new one no problem back at the hostel though.

I was thrilled to find some cool people to go with too. Ended up having a great night with them too. Colt, Ashley, and Sadie, thanks for a great evening/early morning but lets drink less next time. We got back at dusk and they shared some wine they had bought earlier in the day with me. They met two Peruvian girls, JoAnna and JoAnna, earlier in the day and they joined us for dancing at the club. No need to go into details about that night. We started drinking at about 7 30 pm and didn´t go to bed until 4am. ´Nuff said.

So yah, now I´m sitting in an internet cafe with some kid playing Starcraft next to me trying to stay awake until my bus leaves. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. keep the updates coming, joey. sounds like you're making good use of your time. :) i'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete