Monday, February 22, 2010

Angry thoughts and happy times.

"Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way
I wanna watch it all go down." - Tool's ænima

I always get very angry while driving along the I-95 corridor. The sheer amount off people and traffic enrages me. The whole north east coast needs a really solid natural disaster or a modern bubonic plague. Cull the population by about half. Yah, half as many people. That would be just about right. I just sat in a massive traffic jam around DC and another massive traffic jam around Baltimore. The one around Baltimore really erks me. It was 8pm on a rainy cold Monday night. GO THE FUCK HOME PEOPLE! I'm not really a misanthrope, I just feel like one sometimes.

The day was fairly irritating too. After making my morning delivery dispatch had me make a quick pickup out of the Richmond convention center bound for our warehouse south of Baltimore. Well, it was supposed to be a quick pickup. The directions I had were not the best and short on detail and the streets were like capillaries. I ended up wondering around downtown Richmond for a while trying not to knock down any telephone poles. Came within inches a couple times. All for three lousy crates that I was only taking about 100 miles. Bah!

I'm actually in a good mood now that I'm off the road. I pick up freight tomorrow outside of Philly bound for Kmarts in WY and OR. It will be great to head out west again. I haven't spent enough time on the left side of the Mississippi this winter. The WY deliveries make me particularly happy. I always like to pick up or deliver in middle of no where states and WY was one I thought I'd never get a chance to do.

There is also the prospect of heading "out in the woods", trucker parlance for using US and state routes. At least one of the towns I'm delivering to, Jackson, is far from any interstates. I'd love to get some time in that town and check out Jackson's Hole, a well known ski resort out there. Hopefully a blizzard doesn't ruin my fun. The weather can get holy shit scary in WY in the winter. There is a reason it is the least populous state.

Spending the night in southern Jersey at a J. Time for a shower and some sleep.



-- Sent from my Palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment