Wednesday, February 17, 2010

People people everywhere...

The trailer I grabbed from our Jersey yard last night is headed down to VA to 4 Kmart stores. I'm delivering store fixtures to them. Fixtures are basically the racks and shelves that the product is displayed on. I don't really like these loads because I'm required to help unload the trailer. I'm not really the biggest guy in the world and I'm likely to hurt myself while moving heavy things around.

I spent last night at a J in Northeast, MD. Getting parked was a little dicey. There are mountains of snow all over the parking lot and they effectively eliminate a lot of the parking spots. Luckily another truck pulled out of a fairly easy spot right in front of me. I need to call all the Kmart stores and let them know I'm coming as well as figure out what order to go to them.

The east coast is not my favorite place to be with a big truck. There are just faaaar too many people and waaay too few truckstops. I have to drive through Baltimore and DC today and I'm already frazzled from getting through NY yesterday. You might think I'd be used to all the traffic being a truck driver but, to be honest, most of the time I'm on a lonely highway with no one around me and that's just the way I like it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment