Thursday, February 25, 2010

Another day...

A rather pretty western NE sunset greets me as I finish my day of driving. I didn't end up making it to IA yesterday. Shut it down at La Salle, IL 77 miles from the line after 672 miles of driving. I drove 729 miles today in 12 hrs and 15 min to get to Ogalla, NE. My truck only goes 65 mph. You do the math, that's a lot of driving.

Oddly enough, I feel pretty good. I got some phone calls made to my deliveries tomorrow and had two wonderful conversations with my mother and best friend. When I'm out on the plains the milles seem to come easy, and when I'm headed west they come even easier. I always feel light as a feather when headed west and like Atlas holding the world up when I come back east.

My dinner consisted of a cup of chili at Wendy's. The body doesn't need that much nourishment when one sits and drives all day. Some drivers forget this and that's why you see so many fat drivers. Relax mom, I ate more than just chili today. 

Bleh, I feel like making some more weighty ruminations but it will have to wait for when I can sit down with my laptop. I love making posts with my Pre, but this little key board is less than ideal for lengthy thoughts. Goodnight!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment