Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sleeping in another parking lot...

'Twas a long but worthwhile day. My morning drive really was spectacular. I took US-287 out of Dubois and up a 9k ft mountain pass. The road was slightly snow covered, only two lanes and rather narrow. There were turnouts every few miles and most of them had pickups with trailers for snowmobiles. That seems to be the activity of choice for a Saturday morn up in the mountains of WY.

The picture is from further along on the other side of the pass. The tallest mountain in that pic is Grand Teton Peak, the second highest mountain in WY at just over 13,700 ft. 

The delivery in Jackson went fine and I spent about two hours walking around the town trying to find a shop for a decent souvenir t-shirt. I was also kicking myself for not taking my ski jacket and pants in the truck with me. I'm positive I could have a begged a day from my boss to ski Jackson Hole ski resort. The manager even told me I could park my rig all weekend in the store lot if I wanted. It's ok, I need to be saving money right now. I have to come back anyway. Couldn't find a decent t-shirt.

After my delivery I drove about 420 miles to get to my stopping point for the night; a Kmart parking lot in Ontario, OR. I made a dellivery here too and now I'm typing away in a little coffee shop. I have 7 stops tomorrow. I better get some sleep.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment